Outlook 2003 Add-In error RRS feed

• Question

• I'm getting a add-in error even after i have removed the add-in, where can i get some help!? I have tried uninstalling outlook only with no luck.  i posted this thread on a different location:

Hi, we purchased this software named OfficeCalendar that gives you the ability to share your contacts and calendars with other users within your network, we installed this on our server which runs Server 2003 Standard, and we run a thin-client environment.  In order for this software to work, you install the server software and then the client software, recently we have been experiencing an add-in error when we load outlook, this add-in error is referring to the OfficeCalendar software, and as a result we tried uninstalling the client software.  After the uninstall we loaded outlook and still experienced the same add-in error.  We then uninstalled outlook only, then re-installed it and are still experiencing the same error, perhaps outlook has a corrupted file, we even tried to detect errors using outlook's detect and repair function with no luck.  Has anyone had any issues with addins using Outlook 2003?  Any suggestions that can restore outlook without the addin error?

The error i receive is "Outlook experienced a serious error the last time the add-in 'officecalendar' was opened.  Would you like to disable this add-in?  To reactive this add-in, click about Microsoft Office Outlook on the Help Menu, and then click on disabled items."

Once i select NO, the add-in and the software works fine, however, when i close outlook i get the same error again, even after i uninstalled the add-in.
    BeZeRk
    • Edited by BeZeRk Thursday, August 7, 2008 5:14 PM updated comments
    Thursday, August 7, 2008 5:07 PM

Answers