bought a computer through catalogue , formatted the HD now windows wont accept product key ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi , I bought a computer through a catalogue company , it didnt come with rescue disks so I called up to find out thier recovery process for restoring the comp to factory condition , all went well and now i have the comp as if its straight out of the box ( by the way ive had the comp a few days and have not activated windows yet , i wanted to run the recovery before i activate)  anyway

Ive inserted the key thats shown on the sticker but the vista activation program says its not a valid ID ???? and im now stuck as what to do , the company Zoostorm has closed till monday morning so i thought I'd try here first instead of waiting to call them.

So , how do I activate , and why is the key invalid ?  Ive tried a few times and made sure im typing in the correct key , but no joy !

If anyone can offer advice on what I can do then it would be greatfully recieved.

Im not very techy , i hope ive explained my situation so that someone can help.

Many Thanks

geo g

Friday, May 4, 2007 4:47 PM

Answers

• Because this forum is dedicated to validation issues, you’ll need to contact outside support for the expertise necessary to troubleshoot your activation issue.  You can do so by posting or searching in the Vista pubic newsgroups, found here: http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.mspx or by following this link to Product Support Services.  Microsoft has a 90 day free support period that starts on the day you first acquire Vista. 

If you bought your computer pre-installed with Vista either from a computer store or an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) like Dell or Gateway, you’ll need to contact them for support.

Monday, May 7, 2007 10:47 PM