MCITP 70-238 certification RRS feed

• Question

• i have a plan to write MCITP 70-238 exam (already completed 70-236 and 70-237), the book what i read for this exam and the prepartion guide inform me that the person who is having minimum of 3 to 4 years of experience can write this exam, im having 2 years experience and now im controlling a domain and im sure that i can establish exchange solution for a company.

please help me to know that i can write the exam or i have to wait for more than on year
    Thursday, March 12, 2009 8:01 AM

Answers

• Hi,

As per the 70-238 Prep Guide, the typical profile of someone qualified to take this exam includes the following:

• Experience in an enterprise environment of more than 500 users and 100 servers
    • Critical thinking skills and advanced troubleshooting skills
    • A minimum of two years of experience administering, deploying, managing, monitoring, upgrading, migrating, and designing Exchange Server
    • A minimum of three to four years of experience using network operating systems
    • Knowledge of clustering technologies' storage and hardware
    • Knowledge of the Exchange Administrator role
    • Experience using Microsoft Office SharePoint
    • Experience using messaging software such as Lotus Notes
    • A minimum of two to three years of experience using Active Directory

However, someone who does not fit all these skillset/experience should not be deterred from taking the exam. As long as you are confident of your knowledge on the subject matter, you should carry on taking the exam.

Good luck!

Regards,

Salvador Manaois III
    MCITP | Enterprise & Server Admin
    MCSE MCSA MCTS(x5) CIWA C|EH
    Bytes & Badz: http://badzmanaois.blogspot.com

Thursday, March 12, 2009 8:27 AM