Can I create activity within activity? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have a requirement which need activity within activity, example.. in task activity can have child activities like phone call or task too..

and then if parent activity is do to mark completed should check child activities first, if there have child activities that have status open, parent activity can not to completed.

for validation in Jscript or plugin is ok, but I can not create relationship between activity entity and one of activity type like task entity. how can I do that?

please advise.

thanks.

-Rory, 

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 4:32 AM

Answers

• It is not possible to create custom activities with the same behaviour. The only activity that supports this type of behaviour is the case activity. Depending on your needs you may be able to use that.

Patrick Verbeeten
    www.patrickverbeeten.com
    www.wavextend.com

• Proposed as answer by JLattimerMVP, Moderator Thursday, March 15, 2012 3:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by pntr Tuesday, March 20, 2012 7:50 AM
    Wednesday, March 14, 2012 9:43 AM

All replies

• It is not possible to create custom activities with the same behaviour. The only activity that supports this type of behaviour is the case activity. Depending on your needs you may be able to use that.

Patrick Verbeeten
    www.patrickverbeeten.com
    www.wavextend.com

• Proposed as answer by JLattimerMVP, Moderator Thursday, March 15, 2012 3:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by pntr Tuesday, March 20, 2012 7:50 AM
    Wednesday, March 14, 2012 9:43 AM
  • hi Patrick,

thanks for your reply.

so the best solution, I can not create a design which activity within activity right?

anyway thanks for your advice.

I will try to review my requirement.

thanks.

-Rory.

Thursday, March 15, 2012 2:48 AM