I cannot remote into PCs or the console RRS feed

• Question

• Some background info.
    I recently built a new WHS box to replace my old one. The new box is named Homeserver and the old is server. I had to do this so I could move files from the old to new. Trying to use the reinstall option is to risky from what I have read on the web.

So I have the new server up and I went into my router and changed all the existing prot forwards to the new ip address.

I can log in to the server's web interface and do everything but connect remotely to the pcs that are on or open the server console. When I try to connect to the console it will ask me my password and soon after it will give me a timeout connection error. The same thing happens when I try to connect to a pc.

I've gone through the settings tab and configured access and I always get the green checkmarks indicating it is setup correctly.

I hope to have everything moved off my old server tonight so I can shut it down in case that is a part of the problem but I don't see why it would be seeing as I get to the server web interface ok.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010 1:06 PM

All replies

• Please test from a location which A) is not your home, and B) is not your workplace. Starbucks, your local library, etc. are good...
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, March 2, 2010 3:44 PM