none
Profile signature: Internal Server Error: Sorry, We were unable to service your request. Please try again later. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to update my "Profile signature" and every time it keeps reporting below error.  I've waited for almost a month now with presumption that it would be auto detected and fixed.  But that didn't help.  Can you folks please look into why the page resulting in the below reported error:

Internal Server Error

Sorry, We were unable to service your request. Please try again later.

For the latest headlines and see what's new, visit the TechNet home page.

Check out the various Tech Centers where you can find the latest product information, technical resources and community offerings.

Visit the TechNet Library for the latest technical articles, reference documentation, downloads and more.

Browse to TechNet Forums to get fast answers for technical questions or use the search option below to find out other relevant resources.

You are the Knowledge You have…
    MyWordPress; MyBlogSpot; MyMicrosoft; MyCitrix;
    MyVMWare; MySymantec; MyLinkedIn; MyFaceBook; MyGReader;

Friday, June 27, 2014 6:19 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello TechNet Forums Admin,

Can you please have this addressed?

You are the Knowledge You have…
    MyWordPress; MyBlogSpot; MyMicrosoft; MyCitrix;
    MyVMWare; MySymantec; MyLinkedIn; MyFaceBook; MyGReader;

Monday, June 30, 2014 11:15 AM
  • Hi,

I would suggest removing everything from your signature and then trying again completely from scratch. Build your signature line by line until you encounter the error. There's a sandbox forum here that you can test post in to see what your current signature would look like.

Opening My Settings breaks all tags in your existing signature, so you'd either have to fix every tag or put in fresh HTML each time.

If that doesn't help, I'd then suggest contacting the forums team directly by sending an email to fissues (at) microsoft [dot] com.

Don't retire TechNet! - (Don't give up yet - 12,950+ strong and growing)

Monday, June 30, 2014 1:26 PM
  • to update my "Profile signature" and every time it keeps reporting below error.

Ironically it might work using InPrivate browsing mode.  E.g. in IE press Ctrl-Shift-P and try using that session.  In case it is a problem with already being signed in you could alternatively try IE's New session command  (Alt-F i).   Or try a different browser.  Supposedly some who are reporting related symptoms use a different browser as a workaround.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Monday, June 30, 2014 3:38 PM
  • Hi,

I could edit my Signature starting immediately after your last reply.  I presume, there has been some changes made which allowed me to update Signature.

However, I see Signature field lost the markup capability and forcing all of my Signature to appear as simple text, which isn't looking great.  Is this an expected change?

You are the Knowledge You have… ---------------------------------------------------------- My WebSite: http://www.gunnalag.com/

Thursday, July 3, 2014 6:03 AM
  • Signature field lost the markup capability and forcing all of my Signature to appear as simple text, which isn't looking great.  Is this an expected change?

Unfortunately a well known problem.  This is why I don't ever toggle into Thread view, even when it would help me understand what context a poster was in who had not used Quote for a reply.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Thursday, July 3, 2014 12:14 PM
  • How would I fix that?

You are the Knowledge You have… ---------------------------------------------------------- My WebSite: http://www.gunnalag.com/

Thursday, July 3, 2014 12:23 PM
  • How would I fix that?

Head back into My Settings, clear everything out of the signature block section, and then retype/paste in your signature with valid HTML.

I really wish My Settings didn't eat HTML tags....

Don't retire TechNet! - (Don't give up yet - 12,950+ strong and growing)

Thursday, July 3, 2014 3:38 PM
  • Thanks a lot.  That worked and I could set my signature.

Friday, July 4, 2014 7:50 AM