Cannot access the file. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Got this error saying process cannot access the file because it is used by another process.

Can synctoy work around this limitation?

Thanks.
    Monday, February 18, 2008 10:44 AM

Answers

• Unfortunately no (at least no way that I know of).  If the file is locked then we will have no way of updating the file to enable bi-directinal sync.  Additionally, if the file is locked by another process, this means the file is likely also being updated (or changed) so for the most part it would not be a good idea for us to move the data in that state as it would lead to potential data corruption.

Liam

Monday, February 18, 2008 4:55 PM

All replies

• Unfortunately no (at least no way that I know of).  If the file is locked then we will have no way of updating the file to enable bi-directinal sync.  Additionally, if the file is locked by another process, this means the file is likely also being updated (or changed) so for the most part it would not be a good idea for us to move the data in that state as it would lead to potential data corruption.

Liam

Monday, February 18, 2008 4:55 PM
  • Ok I understand if another mechine is accessing the file but that is not my case. I have Vista U sp1 and am accessing a private folder on sbs 2003 r2 and trying to sync with no other computer accessing the data.

Why am I getting the error?

Friday, June 27, 2008 1:09 PM