How to export Competitor Entities to excel in MS CRM 2013 ? (Export To Excel) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

How can I export Competitor Entities to excel in MS CRM 2013(on-line), as there is no Export to Excel option available (as like in accounts,contacts etc).

Is it disabled ? If so, what are the security roles requried to be enabled. I'm loggining with Administrator role only.

Does we need to change in ribbon of this entity ? If so, can any one share workign links please ...

Thanks

Pavan

Saturday, August 30, 2014 9:05 AM

Answers

• To export the Competitors

1.Go to Advance find Select Competitors form Look for: and All Competitors form Use Saved View:

2.Click Results button and  now click Export Competitors button

Muhammad Sohail

• Edited by sohail450 Monday, September 1, 2014 7:44 AM
    • Marked as answer by L Pavan Kumar Monday, September 1, 2014 2:11 PM
    Monday, September 1, 2014 7:43 AM

All replies

• Hi pavan,

you should be able to export to excel from advanced finds. Please double check.

regards

Jithesh

Saturday, August 30, 2014 9:40 AM
  • There is also a security setting "Export to Excel" - located on the Business Management tab of the security role. You'd need to have at least 1 role assigned that has this privilege.

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Saturday, August 30, 2014 6:27 PM
  • Yes Jason,

Have look at this screen.Securiyt Roles

I logged in with my account (System Adminstrator is my current role-I checked for same in Settings-->Users-->Selected User-->Checked Role (System Administrator) is selected).

Now, I went in this path, settings-->Administration --> Security Role --> Selected System Adminsitrator (as it is my current role) -->Business Management Tab -->Export to Excel.

Now my question is, it is already selected with Green Circle means, this security role is already allocated with Export to Excel privilage.

But still not able to find this option in Compitator entity & not even Advance Find (As Jithesh ) suggested &&  Eclipsse Symbol (...) too.

How can I over come this situation?

Can you help in fixing this?

Monday, September 1, 2014 7:06 AM
  • To export the Competitors

1.Go to Advance find Select Competitors form Look for: and All Competitors form Use Saved View:

2.Click Results button and  now click Export Competitors button

Muhammad Sohail

• Edited by sohail450 Monday, September 1, 2014 7:44 AM
    • Marked as answer by L Pavan Kumar Monday, September 1, 2014 2:11 PM
    Monday, September 1, 2014 7:43 AM
  • Yes Sohail,

My sincere thanks for your help.The screen explained me in a very clean way.

It will work as 100% workaround for me, but I'm tring to provie Export To Excel option (button) on the Competitors Ribbon (As like for Accounts,Contacts etc) as shown in the following scree.

Export to Excel

For,this what I did,

-->worked with Ribbon Workbench,

-->loaded competitor solution,

-->dragged Export to Excel button from Data region to Main region,

-->published customizations.

I thought that, It will come by doing this excercise but it is not worked.

I want to know is it right process or missing anything ? Please correct me if any things are pending.

Monday, September 1, 2014 8:07 AM
  • I have checked the Competitor entity Main and Form there is no Export to Excel button.

so if there is Export to Excel exists we can show/hide button

but now there is not Excel button so we cannot do

Muhammad Sohail

Monday, September 1, 2014 11:43 AM
  • Yes..Sohail.

I found solution for that.

In my Command Display rules, I made changes and fixed the problem.

Now I'm able to have export to excel option on my Competitor Entity.

My Thanks...

Monday, September 1, 2014 2:10 PM