CRM 2011 one or more organizations do not have the latest update RRS feed

• Question

• CRM 2011 rollup 3 has been applied to the server.  If I look at my deployment manager it shows one organization that has under the update columg "Available"  another has "not available"   So one of my organizations is not fully updated.  I tried applying Rollup 3 to the server again but this doesn't change anything.  The organization with update available is 5.0.9688.596 and the one without an update available is 5.0.9688.1244  

How do I update the organization that has an update available?

Fred Zilz
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 4:55 PM

All replies

• I have a test CRM 2011 server in addition to my production server.  I created a backup of the database, restored it to the SQL Server instance for the test server and then imported it into this server with with rollup 3.  It imports without error and the organization after import shows Status enabled version 5.0.9688.596 update available.  So importing the organization to a server that is of a newer update did not cause the database to be updated.
    Fred Zilz
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 4:59 PM
  • Update rollups are not Org specific.  I'm not sure why the Deployment Manager is displaying what you see.  Update Rollups are applied at the server level.  If you applied the UR to the server then the server is on Update Rollup 3.

Regards, Donna

Saturday, September 3, 2011 7:44 PM
  • Update rollup in CRM 2011 can be provision per organization. You can control individually.

You need to go deployment manager, then choose the organization and select "update" in right navigation screen.

regards,
    Toong Yang
    http://eastoceantechnical.blogspot.com/

• Proposed as answer by nrodriEditor Friday, August 31, 2012 11:01 AM
    Friday, August 31, 2012 9:53 AM
  • That's correct you can deploy RU at the server level and later update the database.

Visit my blog for CRM material, improving performance, kerberos, IFD, development tips, etc. :) http://quantusdynamics.blogspot.com

Friday, August 31, 2012 11:32 AM
    Answerer
  • To clarify my response, if you apply an Update Rollup to the server (Application, Platform or SQL) as you indicated you did, then that Update Rollup is applied at the server level.  Organization specific updates can be applied as Toong proposed.

Regards, Donna

Friday, August 31, 2012 12:07 PM