How do I Run chkdsk on data drives? RRS feed

• Question

• Ken posted in the faq for WHS v1 a batch file for running chkdsk on all of your drives. I imagine the same thing is possible in Vail, but I don't know how to access each individual data drive. I am having issues with one of the 2tb drives in my Vail box.

I have built a server on a D510NM Intel atom board. I have a pci to sata2 card with the data drives connected to it. The system drive and a DVD drive are connected to the main board.

One of the data drives keeps showing up as critical in the dashboard. I have removed it from the storage pool and later added it in again with the same result.

Sunday, August 22, 2010 11:48 PM

Answers

• Ken posted in the faq for WHS v1 a batch file for running chkdsk on all of your drives. I imagine the same thing is possible in Vail, but I don't know how to access each individual data drive. I am having issues with one of the 2tb drives in my Vail box.

I have built a server on a D510NM Intel atom board. I have a pci to sata2 card with the data drives connected to it. The system drive and a DVD drive are connected to the main board.

One of the data drives keeps showing up as critical in the dashboard. I have removed it from the storage pool and later added it in again with the same result.

There is no way to check per drive from the server desktop like there was in v1.  The beta refresh build has a button called Check and repair for each drive.  However, there is a known issue in this build where using that button can cause data loss, so I would advise against using it.
    Monday, August 23, 2010 12:05 AM