• Question

•  

Is this theoretically possible?
    Tuesday, March 4, 2008 11:14 PM

Answers

•  vin_p wrote:

Yes.

Go to http://billing.microsoft.com and sign in with your subscription LiveID. (Open OneCare and click help/about to view the subscription LiveID)

Select the OneCare subscription and click on the renew link.

Choose the option to renew with a prepaid PIN or token which is the retail product key.

Enter the 25 character key and proceed.

It can take up to 24 hours for the subscription status to be updated in OneCare.

-steve

Friday, March 7, 2008 8:43 PM

All replies

• hi I'm trying to renew my subcription  with Windows live one care and I'm unable to do so can you help me

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 6:07 AM
  •  vin_p wrote:

"Yes," it's theoretically possible, however *they* always want you to download the most recent version from the official site first.  Do you happen to know the version and build number of your One Care OEM?

If it has a "Subscribe" or "Activate Token" button, then you probably can renew via your current OEM.

Elliot

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 12:46 PM
  •  monicasilva2817 wrote:

hi I'm trying to renew my subcription  with Windows live one care and I'm unable to do so can you help me

Are you renewing with a credit card, buying a renewal online, or renewing with a boxed edition with product key, Monica?

Elliot

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 12:49 PM
  • i renewed my onecare about a month ago, got all the confirmations. but the software still says at risk, and the renew option is still red and not active..... help
    bill

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 1:53 PM
  •  monicasilva2817 wrote:

hi I'm trying to renew my subcription  with Windows live one care and I'm unable to do so can you help me

Can we please keep this thread on topic!  There are other threads which are relevant to your question but this is about the OEM version of Live OneCare.

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 3:31 PM
  •  Model-Behavior wrote:
     vin_p wrote:

"Yes," it's theoretically possible, however *they* always want you to download the most recent version from the official site first.  Do you happen to know the version and build number of your One Care OEM?

If it has a "Subscribe" or "Activate Token" button, then you probably can renew via your current OEM.

Elliot

I'm not actually sure about whether it has the buttons or not but it is an OEM (3 user package) of OneCare v2.

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 3:33 PM
  • Vin_p, open Windows One Care and check for that "Subscribe" button.  If you can't find one, then you'll have to download the 90-day trial version online.  Use the same Windows Live ID that you originally took out for your OEM version so there are no conflicts.

The most current version of Windows One Care is: 2.0.2500.22, make sure that matches your OEM version in the "Help, About" section.  But if you can't find a "Subscribe" or "Activate Subscription" button then you'll have to download another version directly from the One Care site.  Here is the link for the US/English version:

http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/default.htm?mkt=en-us&s_cid=WL2Hdr

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 6:53 PM
  •  vin_p wrote:

Yes.

Go to http://billing.microsoft.com and sign in with your subscription LiveID. (Open OneCare and click help/about to view the subscription LiveID)

Select the OneCare subscription and click on the renew link.

Choose the option to renew with a prepaid PIN or token which is the retail product key.

Enter the 25 character key and proceed.

It can take up to 24 hours for the subscription status to be updated in OneCare.

-steve

Friday, March 7, 2008 8:43 PM
  •  BillZvtx wrote:
    i renewed my onecare about a month ago, got all the confirmations. but the software still says at risk, and the renew option is still red and not active..... help
    bill

If your subscription to OneCare shows expired in OneCare

• Check your PC date and time.
    • Check your subscription status by logging in with your subscription LiveID at http://billing.microsoft.com
    • Confirm that this is the same LiveID shown to be the Subscription ID in OneCare - Help/About...

If your subscription is correctly shown at the Billing site, but incorrect in OneCare and your PC date and time are correct, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Friday, March 7, 2008 8:44 PM