CRM 2011 - Catch events of subgrid when a new record is inserted or an existing record is modified RRS feed

• Question

• I have a subgrid in the CRM 2011 form.

While adding a new record to the subgrid, I want to catch the new record event, or while changing data inside any record, I want to catch it by event.

I see that it is possible to catch the refresh event - but it occurs only if somebody is clicking on the refresh button or by deleting a record.

Why its event is not fired when adding a new record or when modifying an existing record?

I see that the subgrid has events as follows: oninsertnewrecord, onrowupdated, but those events are not fired or cannot be overridden...

Thursday, March 26, 2015 7:54 AM

All replies

• Hi DavidMichaeli,

Let's suppose we've got Accounts and Contacts, and a Contact subgrid in the Account Form. Adding Contacts via the subgrid triggers the Event of Associate (disassociate if you remove) for that Entity. So for instance, in the context of a Plugin you would "catch" this info and be able to work with it.

Changing data inside any given record will trigger the Update message if you're working with say Plugins. You could potentially define onchange events via Business Rules as well.

Thursday, March 26, 2015 1:59 PM