none
Where has this Blog Gone? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am following the guidance given in this Blog :-

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/learningittogether/2017/01/23/securing-office-365-with-conditional-access-in-the-new-azure-portal/

Today when I went to view the page it is not there and I get the message  'This page has been disabled'

What is going on?

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 11:39 PM

Answers

• Several Microsoft employees complained that their blogs were recently disabled in this forum post.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/22f86d4d-f301-434d-9081-c4700fd35b75/why-is-my-blog-page-disabled

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Thursday, January 24, 2019 12:36 AM
  • Ronen

I am not "related to the team of the blog".

I am a volunteer with a not for profit organisation that supports people with serious health issues.

I was following the blog to restrict access to user Office 365 accounts from only corporate devices.

I got as far as obtaining the required  e3 mobility and security licences identified in the blog.

I then return to the blog for the next steps and it is no longer available.

Talk about being left up a creek without a paddle!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see :-(

This is exactly part of the feedback and alert which I I need to raise and it is really bad news to see that posts vanished in the air. I will take this thread directly to team that in-charge on the blogs as example of the problematic procedure. Unfortunately, the information I have includes internal information which is under Non-disclosure agreement (NDA) and even if I knew something, I am not sure if we can say in public, which is why I asked if you are from the blog team or a reader.

I am sorry to say, that at this time I don't see anything I can do or explain in public. If the blog will move to a new place, then maybe in the future there will be an automatic redirect from the old URL (but I am guessing without any internal information that in this case the old posts will not be migrated). I hope the old posts will be archived at least, but better option is to bring them alive.

As I mentioned above we also have a blog which is not working now ;-(

signature   Ronen Ariely
     [Personal Site]    [Blog]    [Facebook]    [Linkedin]

Thursday, January 24, 2019 11:23 PM

All replies

• Several Microsoft employees complained that their blogs were recently disabled in this forum post.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/22f86d4d-f301-434d-9081-c4700fd35b75/why-is-my-blog-page-disabled

Thursday, January 24, 2019 12:36 AM
  • Richard we have the same issue in our blogs

The TechNet Wiki Ninjas blog works while the Forum Ninjas does not.

* I added a comment in the other thread(in the limitation of what we can say in public)

signature   Ronen Ariely

Thursday, January 24, 2019 7:14 AM
  • So MS Developer Blogs are moving to a new platform according to this page:-

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/iotdev/2018/10/22/blog-migration/

From the page I quote :-

"I have saved/bookmarked the URL to this blog. Will I need to change this?

No need to change your bookmark. All existing URLs will auto-redirect
     to the new site."

Obviously this has not happened.

So I am up a creek without a paddle!

Thursday, January 24, 2019 10:29 AM
  • I think the blog migration is a different issue. Microsoft has been migrating several platforms over time. For example, much of the Microsoft documentation has migrated to docs.microsoft.com. But the redirection works fine. In the case of these blogs, it seems they are disabled, not migrated.

The blog you linked talks about feedback. I think that is the best option to find out why this was done. Many pages now have a blue button on the right for feedback. Feedback is discussed here:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/visualstudio/faq/

Thursday, January 24, 2019 10:54 AM
  • Hi,

Are you related to the team of the blog you tried to use, or you just wanted to read the blog?

If you are owner of the blog or a moderator at the blog then you should be Microsoft Employee or Microsoft MVP. In these cases it is better to discuss this issue in one of the internal communication channel where people can speak under NDA.

signature   Ronen Ariely

Thursday, January 24, 2019 10:58 AM
  • Ronen

I am a volunteer with a not for profit organisation that supports people with serious health issues.

I was following the blog to restrict access to user Office 365 accounts from only corporate devices.

I got as far as obtaining the required  e3 mobility and security licences identified in the blog.

Thursday, January 24, 2019 10:38 PM
  • Ronen

I see :-(

This is exactly part of the feedback and alert which I I need to raise and it is really bad news to see that posts vanished in the air. I will take this thread directly to team that in-charge on the blogs as example of the problematic procedure. Unfortunately, the information I have includes internal information which is under Non-disclosure agreement (NDA) and even if I knew something, I am not sure if we can say in public, which is why I asked if you are from the blog team or a reader.

I am sorry to say, that at this time I don't see anything I can do or explain in public. If the blog will move to a new place, then maybe in the future there will be an automatic redirect from the old URL (but I am guessing without any internal information that in this case the old posts will not be migrated). I hope the old posts will be archived at least, but better option is to bring them alive.

As I mentioned above we also have a blog which is not working now ;-(

signature   Ronen Ariely

Thursday, January 24, 2019 11:23 PM
  • Ronen

I am pleased that you can flag up this problem to the powers that be.

Change happens, but I would have expected that for such a significant change users would be warned.

It would have been simple to have a pop up on affected pages giving 90 days warning of the impending change with a counter saying how many days to go.

If this had happened I could have made a local copy of the information!

• Edited by HWO365 Manager Sunday, January 27, 2019 1:57 PM Correct typo
    Saturday, January 26, 2019 12:22 PM
  • I can only say that I totally agree 

signature   Ronen Ariely

Saturday, January 26, 2019 5:42 PM
  • I frequently link blog posts in the Wiki articles I publish. I decided to check a few. In one Wiki I have a link to a blog on conflict resolution of lingering objects (in blogs.technet.com). But now it redirects to a home page for Enterprise Mobility & Security, which has nothing on the subject of my Wiki.

It will take considerably time to check all of the hyperlinks in my Wiki's. The only recourse if a blog is disabled, or redirected to an unrelated page, will be to remove the link.

Saturday, January 26, 2019 9:18 PM