OneCare doesn't recognize that my subscription has been updated. RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have used OneCare for a year now and the subscription needed updating. So, I clicked on the update link and entered a prepaid token and it said it was extended until 2009 now in the Microsoft Billing UI. However, the OneCare UI on the PC still says my subscription is going to expire in one month.

How does OneCare realize the subscription has been renewed? I have rebooted my machine many a times, but still no change in status. Yes, it's the same Live ID account used.

Thank you

Friday, April 4, 2008 6:30 PM

Answers

• It can take up to 24 hours to update the status in OneCare. If it has been more than 24 hours and the status in OneCare still hasn't changed, you can try opening OneCare and clicking "Check for updates" which may force the credentials to be downloaded. If that doesn't help and it's been more than 24 hours since you renewed, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Friday, April 4, 2008 6:35 PM

All replies

• It can take up to 24 hours to update the status in OneCare. If it has been more than 24 hours and the status in OneCare still hasn't changed, you can try opening OneCare and clicking "Check for updates" which may force the credentials to be downloaded. If that doesn't help and it's been more than 24 hours since you renewed, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Friday, April 4, 2008 6:35 PM
  •  

I just noticed last night it finnaly got in sync with Microsoft Billing. I even got an email about week after I entered the activation code on the website. Must have been a log jam in the system.

Thanks

Monday, April 7, 2008 5:18 PM
  • Glad to read that it got sorted on its own. Any idea about how long it was in total between renewal and the updated status in OneCare?

-steve

Monday, April 7, 2008 5:29 PM