OCS 2007 domain prep in a 2008 domain RRS feed

• Question

•  

help please!

im trying to install OCS2007 standard edition on a server 2003 SP2 machine.

the domain controllers are all 2008 and are in 2003compatibilty mode.

I read that i can not use the GUI to do the AD prep (in ad2k8) therefore I used the command line on both the root and child domain.

everything worked BUT THE lcscmd.exe /domainSadchilddomain) /actionBig Smileomainprep

it fails everytime I try to run the domain prep on the child domain but works on the root domain.

the error i am getting is error (0x8007054b) the specified domain does not exist or could not be contacted.

the machine i am trying to load OCS2007 has full access to the domains and so does the account i am using.

now when i load OCS2007 on the 2003 machine is says that my AD prep is partial complete but the domain prep!

thank you so much for your help and your quick responses.

Wednesday, July 2, 2008 4:43 PM

All replies

• I'd bet that you have some sort of DNS issue causing name lookup problems, hence the errors contacting the child domain.  I'd start there.

Wednesday, July 2, 2008 7:34 PM
  • i can ping the FQDN with no prob...

so i also tried lcscmd /domain /actionBig Smileomainprep /dcSadspecified main DC's FQDN on child domain)

it thinks about it for a while then comes back with "the rpc server is unavaiable"

i can also ping the server with no problem tho and firewall is disabled.

Wednesday, July 2, 2008 7:38 PM
  • ok so now when i lcscmd /domain /action : domainprep /dc : (specified main DC's FQDN on child domain) it goes through

however then i go to the OCS2007 install and its still showing up as partial complete and wont let me continue to the install?!?!?!

Wednesday, July 2, 2008 7:53 PM
  • also all my RTC groups are on my root domain where my DNS and DHCP services are however the box i am trying to load it on is on the child domain.

i all all the commands on the child domain also.

Wednesday, July 2, 2008 8:19 PM