Microsoft Validation Issues when downloading - GenuineCheck errors RRS feed

All replies

• Many thanks, as that worked for me.

In my case there was a slight variance.  I was seeing "exe-validation" instead of "details".  But changing it to "genuine-validation" sent it to the right place. 

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 2:26 PM
  • This problem appears to have been resolved - finally!

Internet Explorer now appears to function properly, validating with the ActiveX controls.

FireFox and Chrome validate using a functional version of GenuineCheck.exe

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth

Friday, October 26, 2012 1:41 PM
  • This doesn't appear to work anymore.

Either it's my browser (Aurora), or more likely it's the new GenuineCheck.exe, which still opens with the "No longer supported" message and fails to do its task.

I'm trying to download a tool (WinXP Mode) available for those who paid a premium for the Professional version of Windows 7 x64 and this sort of thing shouldn't be happening anymore. Either the validation should be packaged with the downloaded tool and somehow implemented before the installation or ideally, it shouldn't be there at all.

I don't even know if XP mode is even going to allow me to run a Win95 application (i.e. something that ran on my last machine that ran XP x86) like I'm setting out to do here and I feel like I'm wasting my time trying to solve this.

Monday, September 9, 2013 7:06 AM
  • It's you browser - you have to use IE 32-bit for all validation-related procedures.

No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Monday, September 9, 2013 7:19 AM
  • No, it is not. When I try both x86 and x64 versions of IE, then it is not the browser. Now, what do I have to do to I make Windows 7 use the GenuineCheck validation tool without it telling me that it is no longer supported and that I need to download the newest version?
    Sunday, September 22, 2013 6:24 PM
  • To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool
    (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
     Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
     To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
      - **in your own thread**, please

Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine (or inside the battery compartment), but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/howtotell/Hardware.aspx

Sunday, September 22, 2013 6:59 PM
  • Locking thread to avoid more entanglements

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth

Thursday, November 21, 2013 3:46 PM