Cisco Clean Access 4.1.2 RRS feed

• Question

• My university requires all windows laptops to use Cisco Clean Access 4.1.2 to access the WiFi network. However, when I install the Clean Access agent, it says that it can not find any anti-virus Software on my laptop. My university does provide free antivirus software (McAfee and Symnatec) but I prefer to use OneCare. Is there a way to get Clean Access to recognize OneCare? Here are my specifications:

Windows XP Tablet PC 2005 (SP2) w/ all updates and patches

OneCare 2.0.2500.14 (fully updated)

1.25 GB RAM

Cisco Clean Access 4.1.2 (The university requires 4.1.2 or higher)

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 8:46 PM

Answers

• Hi,

We've contacted Cisco and here is their response:

4.1.3.1 release coming out shortly will have support for oneCare 2.x but for now the customer can configure ‘custom checks’ on the NAC Appliance to handle oneCare 2.x.

It looks like a simple ACL change.  Please contact your IT folks and request they update the rule to allow for OneCare 2.x or update the software to 4.1.3.1 as soon as available.

Thanks and apologies for the delayed response.

-Eddy

Saturday, February 9, 2008 12:07 AM

All replies

• Your University will need to contact Cisco to have OneCare evaluated and approved as Cisco would control the "allowed" list and your university is the customer of Cisco.

-steve

Thursday, December 27, 2007 1:36 AM
  • Hi,

We've contacted Cisco and here is their response:

4.1.3.1 release coming out shortly will have support for oneCare 2.x but for now the customer can configure ‘custom checks’ on the NAC Appliance to handle oneCare 2.x.

It looks like a simple ACL change.  Please contact your IT folks and request they update the rule to allow for OneCare 2.x or update the software to 4.1.3.1 as soon as available.

Thanks and apologies for the delayed response.

-Eddy

Saturday, February 9, 2008 12:07 AM
  • The wheels can turn slowly, Eddy. :-) I'm glad that you got a response and thanks for posting the information here.

-steve

Saturday, February 9, 2008 2:43 AM