none
Question about printable counterfeit report RRS feed

• Question

• I've just learned that my copy of WinXP Pro is 'counterfeit' (actually a legit copy that someone swiped from their office and resold as new, but that's beside the point).  I've gone through the online counterfeit report tool, submitted all of the information and description of how I came to be in possession of a bad copy of windows, and then at the end it came to a page where it said to 'click here to print your counterfeit report'.  I did that, clicked the link for a printer-friendly copy, and printed it - and all that came out was a page that had the address to mail the report and CD to and then a Counterfeit Report Number and a Code.  None of the details that I filled out on the previous page were there, and I couldn't back up to retrieve and print those.  Is this normal?  Do I just mail in this one sheet of paper that has the Counterfeit Report Number on it for them to look up?  If I needed a printout of the actual electronic report I submitted, can I go back online somehow using the CRN to look it up and print it?
    Friday, January 18, 2008 3:35 AM

Answers

• Hello M. Vignati,

I would suggest contacting the phone number provided to you when you submitted your piracy case and they will be able to tell you exactly what they will need from you to process your claim.  If you do not have this information please call 1-800-RU-LEGIT and press option 4.  Please have any information you have regarding the piracy case you submitted available for the representative.

Thank you,

Matt Prall, MS
    WGA Forum Manager

Friday, January 18, 2008 4:34 PM

All replies

• Hello M. Vignati,

I would suggest contacting the phone number provided to you when you submitted your piracy case and they will be able to tell you exactly what they will need from you to process your claim.  If you do not have this information please call 1-800-RU-LEGIT and press option 4.  Please have any information you have regarding the piracy case you submitted available for the representative.

Thank you,

Matt Prall, MS
    WGA Forum Manager

Friday, January 18, 2008 4:34 PM
  • Thanks Matt.  I contacted the RU-LEGIT number and they directed me to the MSWGA people (mswga@microsoft.com).

Just in case anyone else has the same question, the printout of the counterfeit report is supposed to be short, containing only the case number and code.
    Wednesday, February 13, 2008 12:31 AM