VS2013 ASP.NET just my code not detecting my code RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using Visual Studio 2013 Update 2 with "Just My Code" turned on and none of my code seems to be identified as "MyCode". Exceptions are ignored by the debugger.

All of my script is in a subfolder "~/scripts/Site" and has a filename prefix of "Site.". eg "~/scripts/Site/Site.js" and "~/scripts/Site/Site.Home.js".

I have added a mycode.json file to the root of the project with the following contents:

{
        "Eval" : "MyCode",
        "Function" : "Library",
        "ScriptBlock" : "Unrelated",
        "MyCode": [
            "Site*.js"
        ],
        "Libraries":  [],
        "Unrelated":  []
    }

This does not seem to have any effect. Exceptions in my code are not surfaced in the debugger.

Questions:

• Is there a way I can determine if mycode.json is being read and applied?
    • At what point are the URL specs in mycode.json matched against URLs?
    • Is my wildcard pattern correct for my code?

This all started when I upgraded the project to Visual Studio 2013 and MVC 5.

I also use the Combres minification library.

Thanks for any help.

Glenn.

• Moved by Carl Cai Monday, June 23, 2014 8:11 AM (from VSdebug)suggested forum is more dedicated for this issue
    Monday, June 23, 2014 12:58 AM

Answers

• I'm using Visual Studio 2013 Update 2 with "Just My Code" turned on and none of my code seems to be identified as "MyCode". Exceptions are ignored by the debugger.

All of my script is in a subfolder "~/scripts/Site" and has a filename prefix of "Site.". eg "~/scripts/Site/Site.js" and "~/scripts/Site/Site.Home.js".

I have added a mycode.json file to the root of the project with the following contents:

{
        "Eval" : "MyCode",
        "Function" : "Library",
        "ScriptBlock" : "Unrelated",
        "MyCode": [
            "Site*.js"
        ],
        "Libraries":  [],
        "Unrelated":  []
    }

This does not seem to have any effect. Exceptions in my code are not surfaced in the debugger.

Questions:

• Is there a way I can determine if mycode.json is being read and applied?
    • At what point are the URL specs in mycode.json matched against URLs?
    • Is my wildcard pattern correct for my code?

This all started when I upgraded the project to Visual Studio 2013 and MVC 5.

I also use the Combres minification library.

Thanks for any help.

Glenn.

>>Is there a way I can determine if mycode.json is being read and applied?<<

I am afraid that there is not a built-in tool in Visual Studio to get when that json file is being read and applied.

And there is a dedicated forum for MVC issues MVC forum, in order to get more dedicated supports about MVC, I would recommend you post this issue in that forum, since there are more communities who are familiar with MVC.

In addition, to get these issue solved more efficiently, you could share some code sepcifically these code related to using that json file in your thread in MVC forum.

remember make the reply as answer and vote the reply as helpful if it helps.

• Edited by Risa- Monday, June 23, 2014 8:02 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Just Karl Tuesday, June 24, 2014 3:25 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Thursday, July 10, 2014 10:35 PM
    Monday, June 23, 2014 8:02 AM