Multiple Copies Of OneCare RRS feed

• Question

•  

Here is my problem.

I initially purchased a OneCare license for my home systems.  I now have the software installed on three systems there.

I liked OneCare sufficiently to purchase a second license for my three systems where I work.  Since I had the only Hotmail account, I registered this second license on the same Hotmail account as I had used for my home license.

Now I am seeing information about my work systems on my home OneCare screen and I am being prompted to renew my licenses on both systems, even though my home license is the only one needing to be renewed.

This is confusing.  I don't understand the crossover.  I would hate to think what it would look like if I had additional licenses.

Any suggestions?

Friday, January 11, 2008 2:14 PM

Answers

• When you installed and activated with the same LiveID on your work PCs, you were not asked for the product key from the new box as you already had a subscription.

Each LiveID can only have one subscription and each subscription is valid for up to 3 PCs.

However, you won't be stopped (at this time) from activating more than 3 PCs with the same LiveID.

To resolve your current situation, create a new LiveID. Then uninstall OneCare and reinstall it from http://onecare.live.com.

Activate the first install with the new LiveID and use your second product key. Once activated, repeat on the other work PCs.

On a hub on the home PC, after you've reinstalled the work PCs, expand each work PC entry and select to remove that PC from your subscription.

-steve

Friday, January 11, 2008 6:11 PM