2.0.2318.12 Update RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

Ah a new build with no info on what's in it but to my surprize a firewall and file/print sharing disaster.

Update:After a Nights rest thanks to a early finishing AV/spy scan in tune-up and a retry in full complete scan since I had time. Build 2.0.2318.12 Had a rough update install but after I cleaned that up everything but the well known exsisting tune-up errors. Everything running Sweet now.

Thursday, August 16, 2007 2:42 AM

All replies

• No update here !

Why not ?

My actual version is 2.0.2284.28

Thursday, August 16, 2007 10:22 AM
  • Updates are not staged to everyone all at once. You will likely see the update soon, as well. I don't know the specific process used, but I imagine that the staging process targets some specific value that identifies the installation, perhaps a date range for installation, for example.

-steve

Thursday, August 16, 2007 6:04 PM
  •  Stephen Boots wrote:

Updates are not staged to everyone all at once. You will likely see the update soon, as well. I don't know the specific process used, but I imagine that the staging process targets some specific value that identifies the installation, perhaps a date range for installation, for example.

-steve

Hi Steve,

The problem was the absence of the French language in IE7.

The update came all by itself right after I added the French language in the top position.

But :

With the French language in the first position in IE7:

- all the "Microsoft Windows Live" web pages come in French to me

- I cannot quote a message in this forum when I answer to it ( I could not quote you as long as French was taken up in IE7).

The old language pain is back again Steven.

I live in France but I ain't French

I don't want to be treated in French by MS (that happens only with OneCare, the main reason why I hate it so much).

My natural language is Dutch, but English is fine with me as well (all my software is English). 

Thursday, August 16, 2007 9:19 PM
  • To the best of my knowledge, the IE language setting should only affect activation of a new subscription. Not program updates. However, if it is now checking that, too, I totally agree that this is a serious problem. Please file a bug on Connect for this.

-steve

Friday, August 17, 2007 1:14 AM