none
Users can't update or fresg install app since upgrade from SL8.0 to SL8.1 (WP) RRS feed

• Question

• Ever since I updated my app from Silverlight 8.0 to Silverlight 8.1, users (myself included) are unable to install the app.

After downloading the update, there is an error installing, and the following message:

"we're having trouble installing this app. If this is the first time that you've seen this message, go ahead and try again. If the app still won't install, go to you Phone Update settings to make sure that your phone software is up to date."

I've tried to go over the upgrade tutorial multiple times, and I can't find what step I might have missed; and the biggest problem is that it works perfectly find in the dev environment, so I can't test if a random change will fix it, unless I upload the app and wait for it to pass certification

And while I did keep a back up of the app in 8.0, I can't use it anymore since the store won't let me delete the 8.1 package T_T

Any advice or solution would be appreciated

Thanks

• Moved by Mattew Wu Friday, September 29, 2017 6:38 AM Store side issue out of publishing scope
    Tuesday, September 26, 2017 7:55 PM

All replies

• Hi Bunowa,

Have you tried with a clean phone which has no your Silverlight 8.0 app installed? Can your Silverlight 8.1 app be installed successfully in that circumstance?  

Or could you share the link to your app here so that we can have a try? Thanks.

Best Regards,

Annievia

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 9:34 AM
  • Hi,

I tried to completely uninstall and reinstall to no avail

The link: https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9wzdncrcx3dx

Thanks

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 9:42 AM
  • Hi Bunowa,

Thanks for the link.

I tried with our window phone 10 device (sorry we have no windows phone 8.1 on hand)and your app can be downloaded successfully. 

We will move your thread later since this issue is not a publishing issue and not so appropriate to be here.

And for this installing issue, you could post it to Microsoft Answers.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Annievia

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 29, 2017 6:34 AM