CRM 4.0 Import Data RRS feed

• Question

• Importing CONTACTS into CRM 4.0

Please need to be able to retain the GuidID of the origin data/record.  When mapping using the Import Wizard it does NOT show the ContactID to be selected to be mapped (?!)

Please how can I do this?  Is its doable?

Mijecarr

Tuesday, February 3, 2015 9:59 PM

All replies

• Hi, Are you trying to create new contacts or trying to update existing contacts?

Tuesday, February 3, 2015 11:59 PM
  • Hi,

By what i understand is, you want to import your data with same GUID. Check the below links:-

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/73504c94-77e8-4334-b1e4-4deb45b7b725/import-the-data-between-the-organziations-with-the-same-guid-in-crm-2011?forum=crmdevelopment

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd442453(v=crm.6).aspx

Hope this helps!!

Thanks,

Prasad

Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 3:43 AM
  • I am trying to import/create Contacts from another system and need to keep the same ContactID (GuidID).  Thie issue is that within CRM's "Data Management/Data Maps/Imports" the ContactID attribute is not listed within the unmapped section to be selected for mapping to the ContactID from the input csv file... 

How can I import these contacts using the same ContactID? 

Mijecarr

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 2:12 PM
  • Every record you create in CRM has a unique ID called GUID which cannot be changed.

It is the primary key for a CRM Entity and is used to refer everything within the CRM system.

you cannot modify this.

In your case if you are importing the contacts from other system and want to retain the contactID of the source system for your reference,  the approach should be:

1) Using customisations, Create a new field on the contact Entity. Name it as, for example: "SourceID"

2) save and publish your customisations.

3) Now map your ContactID from your source system to SourceID

Thursday, February 5, 2015 3:23 AM