none
My First Windows Experience - Nokia Lumia 1520 - Things Expecting From Windows Mobile Team

Question

• Hi Team,

I have been using Android for the past 4 yr and moved myself to Windows for the new experience. I am using Nokia Lumia 1520 for the past one week and I would like to share my feedback about some disappointments I had with Windows OS.

1. Toast Notifications - Worst thing in windows since it shows sender name and message even the mobile is locked. I need privacy with my mobile and with my contacts.I know that bigger screen can scene be seen by all but not all I mean. Pls add an option at-least to disable this big issue.With whatsapp and Hike like messengers are in market you can assume how much annoying it will b whenever we get the notifications in our screen.

2.File Manager - What is the point of having large internal and external memory if i am not able to use it properly.I know there might be some security issue but this is not fair.you can provide at-least for the files which are being downloaded from email or file received from Bluetooth.Hope native file manager will be added in next update to manage our storage.

3.Bluetooth Sharing - I have no idea where the Videos and Document shared in Bluetooth will be saved and I am not able to see that videos in video section. Another thing i notified is video files i sent via Bluetooth is saved in Saved Pictures section and I am not able to find in my internal storage and not able to move also

4.Music and Video - A refresh option is required in Music and Video Section when we transferred some files from PC to Sdcard. Its not showing the files we transferred until i do a reboot.

5.Duplicate files in Music and Videos - When we transfer a file from PC to mobile I can able to see three or four of same files. If i delete any one then nothing is playing at all.

6. Rewind and Forward Option - Video player in windows is the best I have seen so far but lagging with forward and rewind option.

So far I have this problem with my new Windows experience and which I would like windows team to provide solution for the above problems.People like me migrating to windows expecting we will have a better experience. But these are the normal day by day activity we are doing and by these problems it makes us sometimes to think whether we have decided about having experience.

I am really enjoying the other things i am getting my windows like the UI,speed and performance.Its all are amazing.

I am not a developer nor a expert in OS but as a user I feel above problems should have a solution and hope I feel see an update with the above fixed.

I still remember my first Mobile Nokia 3110c which was the best manufacturer company once, before other mobile OS comes into picture. If Windows continues to provide more user friendly experience then I believe all people will come back to the Legend of Mobile Industry.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 5:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    would you like to earn money by trying new free apps and games?

1.) Install CashPirate from https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ayet.cashpirate

2.) Enter my referral code "VEUBOQ" at signup.

3.) You get +50% coins for the first 1000 coins you earn (= 500 coins bonus) and can start making money right away!

Saturday, March 01, 2014 6:14 PM
  • I suggest that you enroll in developer preview so you can get Windows phone 8.1 which now have notification centre . My wife uses Lumia 1520 and she love the notification centre and Cortana
    Saturday, April 19, 2014 3:55 AM
  • try disabling toast noifications from within the app settings or turn toast off completely personally I like them as previously said try the 8.1 preveiw with a developer account
    Saturday, April 19, 2014 7:14 PM
  • Thanks... I updated to Windows Phone 8.1 developer preview and working great...
    Thursday, April 24, 2014 6:21 PM