CRM Snapshot/Scheduled Report Question RRS feed

• Question

• Sorry about the lengthy description....I appreciate your patience.

Hi I am new to setting up Snapshot Reports in CRM. Recently I was trying to create and email a snapshot report for another user in our system to some email subscribers. Basically what I want is when the snapshot runs, it should run as a end user with their data visibility and not as my (admin) data visibility and send the snapshot via email. Please note: the end user's does not have access to the Report Manager. Hence I am setting the email subscription for the participants with the Email Schedule option set to.. 'When the data is refreshed, send email' and Delivey Mode as 'PDF'.

After creating the snapshot report, I went into the Report Manager and checked the Datasource details for the Snapshot report. The reportmanager initially shows my systemuserID for the data filtration. But I was able to set it to the actual user's systemUserID. 

When the snapshot runs, I notice a snapshot report created in the Report History tab and a email is sent. When I open the PDF attachment, the reports still shows as it has been prepared by me and all the data that I have access to. It did not seem to limit the data based on the actual user whose ID was set on the datasource tab.

Can someone please suggest if I am missing something?

Saturday, January 18, 2014 3:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You could share your report for the end user. When he/ she runs the report it uses the filteredviews (the views based on the security role of the user). Hence, he/she only could see the permitted records in report.

Iranian Dynamics CRM Association | انجمن متخصصان ایرانی

Sunday, January 19, 2014 1:10 PM
  • Hi, yes I understand the FilteredViews concept. I was expecting the same result when I update the Datasource tab of the Snapshot report to the user's SystemUserId so he should see only the data accessible to them. But that does not seem to be happening. Everytime the snapshot runs and PDF copy is generated/sent in the email, the PDF seem to have been generated with all the data (e.g. like Admin user running the snapshot). Does it make sense?

Our users want to use the Email Feature (not running the report live mode).

Monday, January 20, 2014 10:37 PM
  • Hmm! Got complicated. Could you please describe your report details? For example, the entities, fields,... used in report. Maybe in this way I could help you better.

Iranian Dynamics CRM Association | انجمن متخصصان ایرانی

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 4:07 AM
  • There are 2-3 reports we want to start with using the above feature. The reports are for Opportunity entity Sales Data reports, as well as some of them are Roll-up Reports at the Account level of Sales Data.

Some stadard fields OpportunityID, Status, Est.CloseDate, Estimated Revenue + whole swath of custom fields. Let me know if you need any additional information.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 3:30 PM