Directory Printer RRS feed

• Question

• Can you install a directory printer on WHS?  If it's not best to do so over concern that it could inadvertently change WHS critical files can you reccommend a way to do this?

I basically want a text list of the way I have music stored.  Most are stored like this "Men At Work- Cargo". 
    Friday, January 22, 2010 2:14 AM

Answers

• Given that your shares are available over your network, there seems to me to be no need...
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, January 22, 2010 4:54 AM
  • A friend of mine wanted to know what audio recordings I had on my server.  I was able to install Filelister 3.0 on my desktop and it listed all my files in an .mht file from my Music folder.

I wanted to avoid any server installs especially when it would have required me to remote desktop to do so.

Friday, January 22, 2010 5:09 AM

All replies

• Given that your shares are available over your network, there seems to me to be no need...
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, January 22, 2010 4:54 AM
  • A friend of mine wanted to know what audio recordings I had on my server.  I was able to install Filelister 3.0 on my desktop and it listed all my files in an .mht file from my Music folder.

I wanted to avoid any server installs especially when it would have required me to remote desktop to do so.

Friday, January 22, 2010 5:09 AM