I have the same problem during install RRS feed

• Question

• Did you ever find a solution to this issue?  I have the same problem.

Thank you.

Thursday, February 7, 2008 6:16 PM

Answers

•  

Dear Bcoe,

Please explain the problem, might be we can help you. It will be better if you put error message or log file.

Hopefull community members will help you.

Regards,

Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 1:38 PM

All replies

• Which problem are you talking about?

Friday, February 8, 2008 6:47 AM
  • i cant find the problem either...

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 12:34 PM
  •  

Dear Bcoe,

Please explain the problem, might be we can help you. It will be better if you put error message or log file.

Hopefull community members will help you.

Regards,

Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 1:38 PM
  • I apologize, I accidently created the thread and forgot to include the details.

I was installing CRM 4.0 at a new client.  The client has SQL Server 2005 Standard edition and we are installing CRM 4.0 trial edition for a Pilot program.   The client also has SQL Express loaded on the same server.  SQL Server was installed as a named instance (CRM 4.0 installation documentation says that named instances work now). 

When I tried to install, the installation kept failing on the Microsoft SQL Server check.  

After many hours trying to figure it out, I created a default instance of SQL Server just in the chance that it was the named server that was causing it to fail.  CRM 4.0 install perfectly on the new default instance.

I still cannot explain why the install didn't work on the named instance.  I spoke with a Microsoft Service guy and he said that it should have worked with the named instance and he didn't have any real guess on why it didn't work.

Again, I apoligize for forgetting to attach the details before.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 5:30 PM