No process session for CRM 2013 actions RRS feed

• Question

• Normally when I build a workflow in Dynamics CRM, I can check the Process Session entity to find executions of the workflow. With CRM 2013, this still works with one exception.  I have a CRM 2013 Action that is executed by an external process.  The instances of the Action executing are not being written to the Process Session entity.  This is making troubleshooting difficult.  The "Keep logs for workflow jobs that encounter errors" is also checked, but I am not certain where these logs referenced are.

I would prefer that the Actions also record their execution in the Process Sessions table.  Is there a way to cause this to happen?

BTW, before someone asks, I have confirmed that at least in some instances the Action is executing, and in others it is returning an error to the calling process.  Neither are being logged to the Process Session table.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 5:20 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I haven't seen answer on your question anywhere. I would suggest you to leave Feature Request on Connect website.

Dynamics CRM MVP/ Technical Evangelist at SlickData LLC
    My blog

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 6:30 PM
  • In CRM 2013 only failed actions are logged, so if the action workflow succeeds it's not logged, a very easy way to ensure it's logged is to actually add as the last step of the workflow a Stop Workflow step with status cancelled and any status message, it will assume the workflow has failed
    Friday, December 6, 2013 4:47 PM