none
How to export/import custom ui properties/settings RRS feed

• Question

• I have a small "UILib" that extends a number Windows Forms controls and customizes look/feel (mainly various colors).  I want to use this in a number applications.

While I'm able to add the "UILib" project to a new application successfully, I don't seem to be able to propagate properties, "appBackColor" for example.  I'm only able to opening the Properties dialog and add them one-at-a-time to Application or User scoped categories.  I have tried copying the contents of app.config file from the UILib project into the app.config file of the new project but they don't show up as choices in properties dialog, or as choices when customizing Properties for a component in designer.

Now I've realized that when I create a single new property manual, modifications are made not only to app.config but also in settings.settings.

Is there not a way to export/import from one project to another and avoid one-at-a-time for all properties?

Friday, November 20, 2020 2:35 PM

Answers

• tballister,

Sorry but you have posted to a forum that deals exclusively with questions/issues about customizing and programming Microsoft Project, a project management application. I suggest you re-post to the following forum:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=whatforum

John

Friday, November 20, 2020 2:55 PM