Edge Server in OCS 2007 STD RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

According to OCS planning guide

1) Is it necessary to have 4 NIC with different public IP for the following service..Access Edge Server, Web Conferencing Server, A/V Edge Server, for OCS 2007   STD, to allow external users to attend the meeting using live meeting, to allow and give access federation...???? What if i have only 2 NIC with private IP (Can manage a Public not two)

2) Is it must to install Edge Server in a workgroup..standalone..apart from the OCS 2007 located domain...suggested planning guide will remove all aboject and configuration from the active directory domain will vanish everything from domain..if planned to remove the EDGE server if you installed in domain....???       How to proceed further???

Any help Would be greately appreciated.

Thanks
    Sameer
    Thursday, June 11, 2009 5:54 AM

All replies

• Hello Sameer,

Take a look at thoses pages from MVP Jeff Schertz:

http://blogs.pointbridge.com/Blogs/schertz_jeff/Pages/Post.aspx?_ID=19
    http://blogs.pointbridge.com/Blogs/schertz_jeff/Pages/Post.aspx?_ID=33

They explain all possible configurations, I advice you follow them up like I did :)

To answer your question, its also supported to use 2 NIC's in the right condition for your situation, the pages above will explain all you need. Good luck!

Microsoft Unified Communications (Dutch) Blog @ www.MsUC.nl
    • Proposed as answer by R Stevens Thursday, June 11, 2009 6:21 AM
    Thursday, June 11, 2009 6:20 AM
  • Thanks for you quick response..

Hey troubling me to remove EDGE Server deactivating from domain..pointing to above scenario..dis joined from the domain..and removed from add & remove Program, control panel, I'm not in my position dear...let me have a look what error I'm gonna face while installaing edge server in stand alone...will try as suggested by planing guide...will come back to you soon..

Thanks
    Sameer

Thursday, June 11, 2009 6:33 AM
  • I'm going completely insane scratching my head..i got a task to complete a week and that's OCS 2007 Edge Server..if not don't know what he gonna do..let me brief you about my structured OCS 2007 STD..

SRV1: Installed Consolidated Std Server "Win 2k3 R2"
    SRV2: Installed Active Directory with NAT Enabled in "Win 2k3 R2"
    SRV3: Installed Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition R2
    SRV4: Insisted to my management to get the New SRV fro for Consolidated Edge Srv and got it...

SRV4 Status: 2 NIC configured with Private IP
                        Stand alone Server nowhere connected to domain
                        Planning to install Edge Srv

Any hepl would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Sameer

Thursday, June 11, 2009 12:23 PM
  • Could you make a drawing of the network? Do you also have a ISA Server in your network?
    Microsoft Unified Communications (Dutch) Blog @ www.MsUC.nl
    Saturday, June 13, 2009 7:24 AM