Security Essentials attacking my program RRS feed

• Question

• I am preparing my app for distribution and I keep having problems with Security Essentials (and others) trying to delete or quarentine my app.  This is pretty much like attacking an FTP program for opening a connection or a web browser for downloading a web page.  How do I officially submit my program to someone so my app is analyzed and validate to not be a malicious application?
    Wednesday, July 18, 2012 5:18 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Montanto,

It seems you issue is more related to programming.

Could you please share your project type and programming language with me?

I may have to redirect you to a proper forum.

Regards,

Barry Wang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Friday, July 20, 2012 7:29 AM
  • Honestly, I do not believe it is a programming issue.  I write programs in multiple languages.  It is obvious that "Security Essentials" and other programs like it just look at a program and identify specific functionality and make some sort of descision that it may or may not be "hostile".  All I am trying to do is to submit my program directly so I can avoid being added to any sort of database in the wrong way.  I am also trying to protect my own intellectual property.

But I got the same problem when I made calls to WinINet to ftp, when I added a windows hotkey, or when I had my program download updates from my website.  As long as these features were in there, they were attacked by security essentials.  (Which was better than what McCaffey did: which was delete my program out right).

Thank you

Monday, July 23, 2012 1:36 PM
  • Then maybe this is a Security Essentials question. Ask here:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/mse

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Monday, July 23, 2012 8:41 PM