internet connections not working RRS feed

• Question

• i recently upgraded my laptop from windows vista to windows 7. unfortunately i now have no connections to internet either by ethernet or my wireless connection. my broadband is working fine. any help would be greatly appreciated
    Friday, September 16, 2011 7:57 PM

Answers

• http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/networking

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Friday, September 16, 2011 10:51 PM
  • It could be as simple as not having the drivers installed, go to start and type 'device manager' in the search box. Go into device manager. If you see a driver with an error or warning type symbol. You need the driver(s).

Go to the website for the make of PC/laptop and search for the ethernet or network drivers, install and run them.

n.b. Because you do not have internet access this will be harder, so you may need to jump on a PC with internet access and put these drivers on a USB stick and run from there.

NN

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 9:30 AM

All replies

• http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/networking

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Friday, September 16, 2011 10:51 PM
  • It could be as simple as not having the drivers installed, go to start and type 'device manager' in the search box. Go into device manager. If you see a driver with an error or warning type symbol. You need the driver(s).

Go to the website for the make of PC/laptop and search for the ethernet or network drivers, install and run them.

n.b. Because you do not have internet access this will be harder, so you may need to jump on a PC with internet access and put these drivers on a USB stick and run from there.

NN

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 9:30 AM