windows live one care RRS feed

• Question

• Last week on June 9, I installed Qwest high speed.  Windows Live One Care was part of the package and I installed it [I thought] but over the next several days it degraded to the point where it no longer works.  Also, I have been trying to leave my computer on and connected to the internet with my Qwest high speed connection but as the day progresses the connection degrades, gets slower and slower and finally by mid to late evening it no longer works properly.  It did it again just now and I had to turn off my computer and completely reboot it to get back on line.  Can you tell me what I possibly did wrong when I installed this program a week ago because it, obviously, is not working properly?  I will say that for a good part of the day the high speed works quickly but as the day progresses, it degrades.  That is, it not only gets slower but when I try to connect to my e-mail or any other site, it won't let me and sometimes a smaller, rectangular window pops up telling me that Windows Live One Care is no longer functioning.  It freezes up and all I can do is turn off the computer like I did just now and then turn it back on again.  I'm no computer wiz so I have no idea what's going on.  Do you?

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 3:53 AM

Answers

• manyy45,

It is possible that there is other security software conflicting with OneCare on the PC. If you have other antivirus or antispyware software, it needs to be removed.

Since your OneCare subscription is provided by Qwest, contact Qwest support for help if you are unable to resolve the problem.

-steve

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 4:36 PM