none
Will COnfigurationmanager.Appsettings work inVS 2008? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Will COnfiguration.Appsettings["Name of Tag"] work in VS 2008 to retrieve data from app.config file? This is because, I see tag as <Application Settings> when I create a project in VS 2008 as opposed to <app settings> when I create in VS 2010.

K.V.N.PAVAN

• Moved by Anna Cc Tuesday, October 7, 2014 10:16 AM
    Thursday, October 2, 2014 2:17 AM

Answers

• Hi Pa1 Kumar,

It seems that I didn't express myself clearly in my first reply. Your question is related with development. But this forum is related with Visual Studio product. I check the ConfigurationManager.AppSettings Property from MSDN document. It belongs to .NET Framework technique. I suggest you reopen a new thread in .NET Framework forum.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 10:14 AM

All replies

• Hi K.V.N.PAVAN,

This forum is to discuss and ask questions about the install and setup of Visual Studio. From your description, I can't find a suitable forum for you from the current information. Please tell me more about your issue, such as how to reproduce this issue, then I may find a proper forum for you.

Best regards, 

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Friday, October 3, 2014 3:17 AM
  • Hi Anna,

I am wondering if we can use Configuration.Appsettings["<tagname>"] to store and read the values from app.config file for any VS 2008 project like we do for Visual Studio 2010?

Because, it look slike we cannot do that in 2008, want to know if that is possible and if yes, how?

K.V.N.PAVAN

Monday, October 6, 2014 11:53 PM
  • Hi Pa1 Kumar,

It seems that I didn't express myself clearly in my first reply. Your question is related with development. But this forum is related with Visual Studio product. I check the ConfigurationManager.AppSettings Property from MSDN document. It belongs to .NET Framework technique. I suggest you reopen a new thread in .NET Framework forum.

Best regards,

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 10:14 AM
  • Hello,

What happens when you try?

It either works or doesn't.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 8:58 PM