none
Is wireless network having common interface to all network pcs? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello friends,

As i am developing packets capture for wireless network i want to know that , Is wireless network having common interface to all network pcs?

Currently i am connected with LAN having network adapter "Intel(R) PRO/100 VE network connection".

when i bind socket to this interface i get only packets which come across "Local interface",unable to get packets from remote interface.

So i thought "Wireless Network Adapter" sharing with all network pcs and all packets come across "Single Network Adapter",so that i capture all packets within network premises.

Please suggest, am i on right way? or if having another solution.

Thanks in advanced

Abhijit

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 4:48 AM

All replies

• "Abhijit Walke" wrote in message news:af23a8eb-6031-4785-9390-23dcd44d27e2...

Hello friends,

As i am developing packets capture for wireless network i want to know that , Is wireless network having common interface to all network pcs?

Currently i am connected with LAN having network adapter "Intel(R) PRO/100 VE network connection".

when i bind socket to this interface i get only packets which come across "Local interface",unable to get packets from remote interface.

So i thought "Wireless Network Adapter" sharing with all network pcs and all packets come across "Single Network Adapter",so that i capture all packets within network premises.

Please suggest, am i on right way? or if having another solution.

Thanks in advanced

Abhijit

This is not really the best place for this sort of question - you'd be better asking it in one of the MSDN forums, or in TechNet forums..
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-gb/whatforum/threads - would be a good place to start with in MSDN - at least someone could point you in the right direction from there.

HTH

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Proposed as answer by Noel D Paton Saturday, September 4, 2010 1:04 PM
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 6:31 AM