none
where do i post this question RRS feed

• Question

• this is the question i want to ask, im just going to copy and paste the following text in the thread that i am pointed at :

i just upgraded the motherboard and cpu on my hp computer, and when i turned it on i was greeted with a nice little windows activation thing.  well, having bought this HP pavillion at business depot, the windows was preinstalled and i didnt get the installation cd.  the case the computer was in was recycled (i had to pay them $14 for a recycling fee) so if there was a sticker on it i will never know.  so basically my computer is telling me that my product key is invalid, and i cant find a product key.  the only microsoft key i can find is an unopened copy of microsoft works 8 trial that is in the same little bag as all the manuals for the computer.  where can i email or ask someone for help so i dont have to shell out $200 for a copy of vista, seeing as how no one sells xp anymore.  im on a budget, and seeing as how the bloody machine has already cost me over $500 to upgrade,  ide rather not waste even more money.  any help?

so, which forum do i post this under?
    Thursday, August 27, 2009 3:57 AM

Answers

All replies