Non Genuine Windows RRS feed

• Question

• I posted a question on this forum the other day which, looking at 'my threads' was kindly answered by 'Dan'.

I have tried to reply to his post, but get a message saying it is not possible - message may have been deleted.??

So, if you're out there Dan - I ran the 'diagnostic' check you told me about - via your link  but got the 'windows' box straight away - it said - in red - Blocked VLK.  Pressed the 'copy' button, but nothing happened - no option to 'apply' and nothing using the rh click on the mouse.

There are no labels on the outside of my computer, nor is there anything with the other stuff.

Sorry - not very helpful, I know.

Monday, April 30, 2007 3:34 PM

Answers

• Hi, Maggie,

The forum was hiccupping today, but I was able to respond to you in your original thread.

Tuesday, May 1, 2007 1:45 AM
  • Maggie,

Hello.  I was reviewing posts today and noticed you still need a reply. Without having the diagnostic results but based on what you have indicated I will a diagnosis.

I am sorry to hear about the problem your currently experiencing. I can see right away what the issue is with the operating system and why it is not passing validation.  Unfortunately, the product key used to install the operating system is a Volume License Key (VLK) that has been blocked per the request of the legal VLK holder.  As a rule, VL editions of either an Operating System and/or Office should not be sold to individual consumers. Businesses, schools and governments normally use VL editions for flexibility in installing many computers. Also, Volume Licenses for Windows XP and version of MS Office are Upgrade licenses ONLY and cannot be used as the original or base license for a new computer.

This is why you were seeing the "Software Counterfeiting" messages on your computer, because the current installation of Office 2007 is an unauthorized installation. In any case, please uninstall the non-genuine installation of the operating system to alleviate any complications which may arise from the non-genuine status of your system. As a customer there are options available to you for a resolution. For details on the ways to “Get Genuine”, see the web page that outlined your validation failure details or http://www.microsoft.com/genuine.  It will provide all of the possible steps which you can take.

First, if this comes as a total surprise to you, please visit the retailer where you purchased the computer and let them know operating system is a counterfeit copy and demand they immediately reimburse you and/or provide a Genuine Copy which was originally paid for. Please print a copy of the diagnostic report so you may show them proof for the  Blocked VLK statuses.  In any case, please uninstall the non-genuine installation to alleviate any complications which may arise from the non-genuine status of your software.

I am sorry to hear about your situation. Please don't hesitate re-posting if you need further assistance.

Thank you
    Stephen Holm
    WGA and OGA Forum Manager

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 10:43 PM

All replies

• Hi, Maggie,

The forum was hiccupping today, but I was able to respond to you in your original thread.

Tuesday, May 1, 2007 1:45 AM
  • Maggie,

Hello.  I was reviewing posts today and noticed you still need a reply. Without having the diagnostic results but based on what you have indicated I will a diagnosis.

I am sorry to hear about the problem your currently experiencing. I can see right away what the issue is with the operating system and why it is not passing validation.  Unfortunately, the product key used to install the operating system is a Volume License Key (VLK) that has been blocked per the request of the legal VLK holder.  As a rule, VL editions of either an Operating System and/or Office should not be sold to individual consumers. Businesses, schools and governments normally use VL editions for flexibility in installing many computers. Also, Volume Licenses for Windows XP and version of MS Office are Upgrade licenses ONLY and cannot be used as the original or base license for a new computer.

This is why you were seeing the "Software Counterfeiting" messages on your computer, because the current installation of Office 2007 is an unauthorized installation. In any case, please uninstall the non-genuine installation of the operating system to alleviate any complications which may arise from the non-genuine status of your system. As a customer there are options available to you for a resolution. For details on the ways to “Get Genuine”, see the web page that outlined your validation failure details or http://www.microsoft.com/genuine.  It will provide all of the possible steps which you can take.

First, if this comes as a total surprise to you, please visit the retailer where you purchased the computer and let them know operating system is a counterfeit copy and demand they immediately reimburse you and/or provide a Genuine Copy which was originally paid for. Please print a copy of the diagnostic report so you may show them proof for the  Blocked VLK statuses.  In any case, please uninstall the non-genuine installation to alleviate any complications which may arise from the non-genuine status of your software.

I am sorry to hear about your situation. Please don't hesitate re-posting if you need further assistance.

Thank you
    Stephen Holm
    WGA and OGA Forum Manager

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 10:43 PM