Make Threaded Text Messages similar to Palm OS Texting RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi, I had several Palm Treos before switching to Windows Mobile and honestly I loved them. Had to upgrade cause they got really old and beat up. I love Windows Mobile now too especially with the HTC Touchflo and Windows 6.5 upgrade but there's still one thing I miss. Being a text message addict I miss the simplicity of the Palm threaded messages. It included smileys as well as when someone sent you an mms message or attachment it would appear right in that person's chat thread instead of downloading as a separate thread. I do know that if we use MMS messaging to send messages we can use smileys in our texts but that just makes us send huge messages and also use up our enhanced txt messaging features that our phone company will bill for if you don't have a picture plan. Anyway, long story short, make Windows Mobile an OS that isn't just for business cut and dry, but for our lifestyle cause my business phone is also my personal phone and I'd it to be functional but fun too.

thanks!
    Monday, January 11, 2010 7:07 PM

All replies

• You might want to check out SMS-Chat for your windows phone.
    Prof Julie, Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices | http://pocketprimer.com
    Monday, January 11, 2010 11:33 PM
  • hi thanks for the suggestion. i used the trial version of that program but the touch flo 3d text message area seemed to interfere with it and it would freeze up my phone a lot. i'm gonna try it again now that i upgraded to wm6.5 let's see what happens. thanks but it would still be nice to not have to buy an app to have smileys. they're silly but you get used to them. k thanks.
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 12:56 AM