Two HPSERVER Icons Showing Under NETWORK Tab RRS feed

Answers

• If you click on Network in the tree view, you'll probably see three instances of HPSERVER. One's a UPnP beacon, one's the server shares, and one's media sharing. Now, in my case I only see one instance of my server in the tree view, but I don't think it's representative of a problem with your server. If there's any problem at all, it's on the client.

And the two instance of your server show exactly the same shares, BTW (which is all that image gave us). No content.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by JSHollis Sunday, December 20, 2009 7:42 AM
    Friday, December 4, 2009 4:29 AM

All replies

• 22 views of this thread.  Anybody?
    Friday, December 4, 2009 3:49 AM
  • If you click on Network in the tree view, you'll probably see three instances of HPSERVER. One's a UPnP beacon, one's the server shares, and one's media sharing. Now, in my case I only see one instance of my server in the tree view, but I don't think it's representative of a problem with your server. If there's any problem at all, it's on the client.

And the two instance of your server show exactly the same shares, BTW (which is all that image gave us). No content.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by JSHollis Sunday, December 20, 2009 7:42 AM
    Friday, December 4, 2009 4:29 AM
  • I haven't seen this with WHS (yet), but I remember getting this on some of my XP machines a while back.
    I found out later that it was caused by my router assigning new IPs every now and then, and XP somehow listed two machines with the same name.

However, if this is what you're experiencing, the only thing I had to do back then was to run CMD and enter "ipconfig /flushdns" (you'll have to run as admin on vista/win7)
    Might be worth a try...
    Friday, December 4, 2009 1:18 PM