case routing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm facing a problem with an 1 year old CRM Deployment (3.0). I have to create some queues and assign cases to them depending on a picklist of the case Form. I supposed that the original behaviour (that it's working,btw) was achieved using callouts, but I was wrong. I also checked the Onchange Jscript function of the picklist, and there's nothing there that assign the case to a queue, so I suppose that the person who made the installation did it using callouts. Is it possible? And more important, is this the usual way to route cases to queues? I can't find information on the internet regarding to this (except on MS Training Courses), so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, regards
    Thursday, July 17, 2008 11:40 AM

Answers

• The simplest way to do this is normally to use a workflow rule. If that's not achievable (e.g. if the logic for determine which queue to assign to is very complex, or dependent on other entities), then it could be done with a callout

Thursday, July 17, 2008 2:35 PM

All replies

• The simplest way to do this is normally to use a workflow rule. If that's not achievable (e.g. if the logic for determine which queue to assign to is very complex, or dependent on other entities), then it could be done with a callout

Thursday, July 17, 2008 2:35 PM
  • Thank You David,

I created a workflow rule that looks like this:

When Case is Created
    Wait Until fieldx = valuey
    then
    route Case to Queue_z
    end

So, what would happen if after executing this first case routing, I change the value of fieldx, in order to route the case to another queue?

The behaviour that I want to achieve is the following: case --> queue_a --> queue_b -->queue_z ...

Could it be done with workflow rules?

Thanks in advance
    Friday, July 18, 2008 7:45 AM