Gaier Software Issue RRS feed

• Question

• After years of flawless use, I recently changed to a win 10 laptop. Now when I try to update prices, nothing does until I restart Money. Anyone run into this problem?
    Friday, November 24, 2017 10:27 PM

All replies

• US markets were closed yesterday, and closed today at 1PM EST. Could that be it?

Friday, November 24, 2017 10:49 PM
  • no...
    Saturday, November 25, 2017 9:21 PM
  • Do you mean that if you have Money open and you import an OFX file, it will not be processed unless you close and reopen Money?

I believe that there may be a registry problem where the OFX file is not being imported correctly, but I do not know what settings may be affected. I believe that Cal has previously posted registry settings that properly set up OFX and QFX files. If the settings are only for QFX, then duplicate the lines and change qfx to ofx in the duplicated set.

Your other choice is to make sure that Money is not open when you try to download and import OFX or QFX files, and only open Money after all the files are finished.

I found the registry settings. Copy only the text between the set of lines of ##### and paste it into a new Notepad file. Do not use any word processor, they add formatting codes and you need plain text. Then save the file as OFX_QFX.reg (not .txt) or rename the extension after saving. Double-click the .reg file and it should ask if you want to import into regedit.exe. Allow it to modify your registry. Let me know if this fixes the issue.

#############

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.qfx]
     "Content Type"="text/qfx"
     @="ofx.Document"
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.qfx\ofx.Document]
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.qfx\ofx.Document\ShellNew]
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\application/x-qfx]
     "Extension"=".qfx"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\text/qfx]
     "Extension"=".qfx"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.ofx]
     "Content Type"="text/ofx"
     @="ofx.Document"
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.ofx\ofx.Document]
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.ofx\ofx.Document\ShellNew]
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\application/x-ofx]
     "Extension"=".ofx"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\text/ofx]
     "Extension"=".ofx"

#############

Bob - MSN Mobile

Sunday, November 26, 2017 2:15 AM
  • I wonder if using the -f control, to explicitly identify the file, would help. Example:

c:\apps\MSMoneyQuotes\MSMoneyQuotes.exe -f C:Users\J\Documents\john.mny -b

The -a option might be another switch to try.

http://gaiersoftware.com/Money/DetailsAndHelp

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 2:18 AM
  • Already use the -a option. Shows the update for all stocks, but doesn't transfer to the money program until I restart
    Tuesday, November 28, 2017 2:50 AM
  • Already use the -a option. Shows the update for all stocks, but doesn't transfer to the money program until I restart

I would try not using the -a option, at least as a test, but run MSMoneyQuotes.exe  when you want an update to prices. Does that work? That may not be the mode you want, but it might provide some info or clue to a cure. 

Or how about using the -f and -a at the same time... that might give the operation you want. OK, just guessing, but it seems worth a try.

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 3:22 AM
  • For what it is worth, I use:

msm.exe -r -o -a -m -v -b

It works for me.

Thursday, December 7, 2017 11:43 AM
  • For what it is worth, I use:

msm.exe -r -o -a -m -v -b

It works for me.

BTW I have created a Batch file and placed it on the desktop.

Thursday, December 7, 2017 11:44 AM