my windows is crazy RRS feed

• Question

• hello , i buy from MSI - MICRO STAR INTERNATIONAL one laptop with windows xp home and licences for windows, in time i make one format c: d: e: etc and i lost everihing from the hdd , now i try without success to reinstal windows with licences but i can not do that why ? i have an dvd disc with software and drivers , and i see that it is that txt:

This software included on this external recovery media may only be used for BACK-UP and RECOVERY of your MSI computer system. but in the disc i have some folders with I386 included on that folder another folders with system32 and many folders used by windows . i cant install becouse the ghost recovery dont do anything to install or recover my back windows , now i use one cracked windows software and i dont want that becouse is not work proprietly i want my windows back with licence serial what i have on back of my laptop Sad( pls help me with somthing ... i sent one mail to MSI for send me one copy of real windows but i dont get any response , i dont have many many money to buy another licences help me pls , contact me at contact@nickhost.com and/or teacherdesign@yahoo.com . Thx

Saturday, September 1, 2007 10:28 AM

Answers

• You can only use a PC manufacturer's recovery disc to return your computer to it original factory confguration.  It cannot be used to customize the hard drive into different partitions.

Saturday, September 1, 2007 3:07 PM
  • Popescu,

The software recovery media is suppose to be used for restoring the image back on the PC should you have a failure.  Please look on MSI webpage and see if there is any technical papers on how to use the media for restoration. Also contact MSI technicial support and they can guide you through the restoration process. 

This will erase all of your files on the system.  Hopefully you have all files such as spreadsheets, word documents, bookmarks, pictures etc., backed up. If not try to boot the system and back-up all files you need to a jumpdrive stick, burn on CD or DVD-ROM drive or external drive. 

Once you have completed system backup and restoration please visit http://www.microsoft.com/genuine .  Locate "Validate Windows" in the upper right hand corner and double click. If this does not work please contact us here in the forum. 

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

Friday, September 14, 2007 9:42 PM

All replies

• You can only use a PC manufacturer's recovery disc to return your computer to it original factory confguration.  It cannot be used to customize the hard drive into different partitions.

Saturday, September 1, 2007 3:07 PM
  • Popescu,

The software recovery media is suppose to be used for restoring the image back on the PC should you have a failure.  Please look on MSI webpage and see if there is any technical papers on how to use the media for restoration. Also contact MSI technicial support and they can guide you through the restoration process. 

This will erase all of your files on the system.  Hopefully you have all files such as spreadsheets, word documents, bookmarks, pictures etc., backed up. If not try to boot the system and back-up all files you need to a jumpdrive stick, burn on CD or DVD-ROM drive or external drive. 

Once you have completed system backup and restoration please visit http://www.microsoft.com/genuine .  Locate "Validate Windows" in the upper right hand corner and double click. If this does not work please contact us here in the forum. 

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

Friday, September 14, 2007 9:42 PM