OCS Standard Edition 2007 Deployment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

We have deployed OCS 2007 Standard Edition Server 2007 on one of the Windows 2003 Domain Controllers. We are two sites A and B. Site A also has one Domain Controller computer with windows 2003 OS. We have deployed OCS 2007 Standard Edition server in Site B on the Domain Controller Computer. Site A and Site B are VPN Tunneled. We don't have any issues among the users using Office Communicator Client in Site B but when users in Site A  logs into OCS server (using the IP address of OCS server in Site B) to chat with users of Site B, they keep logging off and on as the connection between two sites are VPN Tunneled. I am hereby requesting you to please guide us on how to resolve this issue. Both the Sites are in one Domain,

Also please do help me in configuring Web Communication Access.

Regards
    Sanjay
    Thursday, September 25, 2008 6:56 AM

All replies

• You mentioned that the clients contact the server by IP address?  The clients must resolve the server via DNS because the certificate is linked to the fully qualified domain name of the OCS server as there is no IP address the cert.

Friday, September 26, 2008 5:17 AM
  • I would assume he simply means they are signing into that server, not actually using the IP address as sign-in would completely fail and not log on and off.  Unless TCP is being used instead of TLS.

Are you saying that the VPN tunnel (or the connection itself) is disconnecting throughout any of this communication?  It sounds like more of a network connectivity issue than anything related OCS itself.

Friday, September 26, 2008 1:02 PM