q RRS feed

Answers

• Unfortunately, the PC has a counterfeit OEM SLP copy of Windows 7 Ultimate installed.  You will need to purchase a genuine "Full Version" of Windows and perform a "clean install".  You can purchase genuine Windows software from Newegg.com.

Carey Frisch

Friday, February 28, 2014 2:21 AM

All replies

• Unfortunately, the PC has a counterfeit OEM SLP copy of Windows 7 Ultimate installed.  You will need to purchase a genuine "Full Version" of Windows and perform a "clean install".  You can purchase genuine Windows software from Newegg.com.

Carey Frisch

Friday, February 28, 2014 2:21 AM
  • The OEM SLP product key (partial TCVBD) belongs to a Dell Alienware PC.  It cannot be used on a different computer.

Carey Frisch

Friday, February 28, 2014 3:34 PM
  • You cannot change a few files to fix this!  The only way to get it working is to purchase a legal copy of Windows, format your drive and reinstall.  Be sure to back up your data first.

Please do not read this sentence. Please ignore the previous sentence.

Friday, February 28, 2014 10:17 PM
  • Perhaps look into a free OS alternative such as Ubuntu.

Please do not read this sentence. Please ignore the previous sentence.

Friday, February 28, 2014 10:46 PM
  • my key 00426-956-0109202-85541

it says on ctrl panel

i have a windows.old same version with a slmgr.vbs file is it safe to copy to my current windows?

That is not your product key.  That is the product ID number.

Carey Frisch

Sunday, March 2, 2014 5:35 AM
  • Please post a new MGADiag report. - the ne PID that you posted is completely different to the one in your original report.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Sunday, March 2, 2014 11:34 AM