Live Meeting / Outlook Integration RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed the Outlook 2007 Add-In for Live Meeting.  Operating System: Vista.

Live Meeting appears correctly in the menus and toolbars; however, it will not connect to my Live Meeting service.

I can connect successfully from IE browser. Using the same URL and password, I receive the following error message when testing the connection in Outlook:  "A connection to the Live Meeting service could not be established. Please check the Live Meeting or portal URL and try again."

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Monday, October 6, 2008 5:53 PM

All replies

• Are you using the LM plugin to connect to OCS or are you trying to connect to Microsoft's hosted Live Meeting service?  If you are connecting to OCS you should not enter any of the URL or any other information under the Live Meeting Service - just enter the sign in name in the top field.

Monday, October 6, 2008 7:06 PM
  • I'm pretty sure it is Microsoft's hosted service.  It has an external web address: https://www323.livemeeting.com/cc/xxxxx/loginPage

(xxxxx being our company name).  This is the screen I get when logging in from my browser:

Login to Live Meeting Manager

Forgot your Password?
    Notice:
    • Upon entering a meeting, information about your presence will be accessible to other participants during the meeting.
    • Microsoft Office Live Meeting service can be used to record meetings. A recording is in progress when the red recording indicator is lit on the console.
    • By participating in a meeting, you agree that your communications may be monitored or recorded at any time during the meeting.
    • If you initiate audio or video recording, it is your responsibility to inform all meeting participants that they are being recorded and obtain their consent, as applicable. You also agree to comply with all applicable laws when using the recording function.
    • To agree to these terms and enter the meeting, click Login

I've been using the URL, login ID and password in the Outlook configuration screen, but get the error message.

Monday, October 6, 2008 8:37 PM
  • Hello, I am having the same problem when integrating Outlook 2003 with the conference add-in, where I always received the error that the connection to Live meeting server is unavailable. But at the same time, I can use Live meeting in web access or directly.

Thursday, October 9, 2008 6:13 AM
  • Hai Friend
     It seems Like the PRoblem in your account , so just contact the Sales Department in the microsoft to reset the password

1-866-493-2825 (toll free in the US) or 650-526-6950 (Direct International number).
    Thursday, October 8, 2009 10:33 AM