AUTOMATIC UPDATE RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have had a chat with a tech-Rich-case ID#1078293830,re:failure to turn Automatic Update on.

It worked for awhile after I went to www.safety.live.com and perfomed a total comphrensive scan (over four hours)

I was so impressed that I signed up "Windows Line One Care) for the niety day trial perod.

This the problem-whenever I attempt to set the Automatic at The Security Center I click onto the Automatic Updates and check off Automatic (reccommended) I then list every day and the time.

I then click Apply @ OK

I then run "services.msc" and I get a Sevices listing, there I right click on Automatic Updates,and get Properties,where in the General Tab, I find that the  startup type is indicating "Disabled" I change it to "Automatic" click on to Apply @ OK.

When I try to put "Automatic Updates" button on, but I get advise to do,what I have done above-(repeat)

When I go to the two places (mentioned above) I find that the Services Listing card ,has gone back to "Disabled" and on bothcards I must "Apply @ OK again. Each time I did this I rebooted--So what is wrong ??????????????

Feel free to telephone me @ [deleted] ,between 10AM till Midnight  Eastern Standard Time--THANK U 

Frank

Tuesday, September 9, 2008 10:56 PM

Answers