Timesheet approval process RRS feed

• Question

• i create new administrative time for users which name is "holiday"

i want to create special workflow for this administrative time, if someone write number of hour or modify this administrative time in the specific date i want my workflow to start and send verification email to system admin and after her/his approve send another email to second system admin for final approve

i search in internet for some information about timesheet approval workflow process and how it work, but i can't find any useful information

Please give me some suggestions

Monday, September 13, 2010 5:50 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Mahdi,

You can use a Project Server Event Handler to create your own timesheet 'workflow'.

Whenever a users saves his timesheet, the TimesheetUpdated and TimesheetUpdating events are fired (post and pre). If you write a custom event handler for these events, you can retrieve the updates the user has made, and based on his input, you can decide to send and email or launch your own workflow.

All information about writing  your own event handler can be found here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms469450(v=office.12).aspx

I hope this helps,
    Hans

My EPM blog: Projectopolis
    Monday, September 13, 2010 6:21 AM
  • Hi Hans, May i have your email address?!

I need more technical assistance for Project Sever Administration and Development

Thank you so much for your support

Sunday, October 3, 2010 11:47 AM