Permisos en Filtered Contact y Filtered Lead en CRM 4 RRS feed

• Question

• Tengo 2 usuarios que pueden realizar consultas a la base de datos de CRM y uno de ellos al realizar consultas no devuelve resultado alguno y el otro al ejecutar la consulta devuelve los datos normalmente.

Hemos revisado los permisos que tiene cada uno y son los mismos y no logramos comprender que es lo que sucede  o los difiere al devolver datos

Alguno de ustedes tendra idea de lo que esta sucediendo??

Thursday, April 8, 2010 9:36 PM

Answers

• Well, if both users are System Administrator, they should be allowed to execute any Advanced Find/FetchXML query to retrieve any records from their CRM deployment... so my concerns about the ownership of the records seems invalid.  Generally speaking, if the users have the same kind of permissions, but rest in different Business Units, and their permissions don't span BUs, that could cause troubles if the records were owned by an individual in a BU to which the other BU doesn't have visibility.  The same effect could be presented if the permissions for "read" on the records were limited to "User", which means they would have to own them in order to retrieve them.  But, the System Administrator should have global access to everything.

It's possible that the permissions for the user who cannot retrieve the records may be corrupt.  I think the easiest way to "reset" them is to remove their roles and reassign them.

Dave Berry
    • Marked as answer by OIIR Friday, April 9, 2010 12:59 AM
    Thursday, April 8, 2010 11:52 PM

All replies

• (Used Google Translator.)

Original question in English:

"I have 2 users who can query the CRM database and one to the query does not return any results and the other to run the query returns the data normally.

We have reviewed the permissions for each and are the same and fail to understand what is happening or to return data differs"

Response in English:

"Did you validate the ownership of the records in relation to the users' permissions? Can you provide the query?"

Response in Spanish:

¿Te ha validar la titularidad de los registros en relación a los permisos de los usuarios? ¿Puede proporcionar la consulta?

Dave Berry
    Thursday, April 8, 2010 11:18 PM
  • Thanks for your reply Dave. Both of them are system administrator in CRM 4 and they have permissions at CRM Database. for example: only one can retrieve results at filteredContact table and the other don´t , and both can retrieve results at Contact table. ( Select * FROM crm_mscrm.DBO.filteredContact) ( Select * FROM crm_mscrm.DBO.Contact). it seems to be that the "filtered tables" we can´t retrieve any data i can´t understand how can i validate the ownership of the records in relation to the users' permissions, can u help me and explain me with more details thanks in advanced for your help
    Thursday, April 8, 2010 11:39 PM
  • Well, if both users are System Administrator, they should be allowed to execute any Advanced Find/FetchXML query to retrieve any records from their CRM deployment... so my concerns about the ownership of the records seems invalid.  Generally speaking, if the users have the same kind of permissions, but rest in different Business Units, and their permissions don't span BUs, that could cause troubles if the records were owned by an individual in a BU to which the other BU doesn't have visibility.  The same effect could be presented if the permissions for "read" on the records were limited to "User", which means they would have to own them in order to retrieve them.  But, the System Administrator should have global access to everything.

It's possible that the permissions for the user who cannot retrieve the records may be corrupt.  I think the easiest way to "reset" them is to remove their roles and reassign them.

Dave Berry
    • Marked as answer by OIIR Friday, April 9, 2010 12:59 AM
    Thursday, April 8, 2010 11:52 PM