locked
When trying to open an activity in account history I get an error RRS feed

  • Question

  • Error
    An Error has occurred.
    Try this action again.  If the problem continues, check.....

    This is an activity that was imported from our old system.    I have many other activities that were also imported and they are behaving fine.   Anyone have any ideas?
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 6:10 PM

Answers

  • which activity is this? i mean email,phone call etc?

    well I sugget doing two things

    1. Enable DevError on server  as following blog
     http://ayazahmad.wordpress.com/2007/02/13/enabling-development-errors-tip-for-developers/

     this will allow you view actual error behind the screen and will able fix it..

    2. get the Guid of the relevant record and check in the database table whether it exists or not..

       Getting Guid -- (press F11 twice and address bar will have Id of entity)

      
    Hope this helps !!
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 6:30 PM
    Answerer
  • I found the record in the table and it was missing the partyid number.     probably happened during the import from our other system.    Once added, the record displays fine.

    thanks for your help!
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 7:28 PM

All replies

  • which activity is this? i mean email,phone call etc?

    well I sugget doing two things

    1. Enable DevError on server  as following blog
     http://ayazahmad.wordpress.com/2007/02/13/enabling-development-errors-tip-for-developers/

     this will allow you view actual error behind the screen and will able fix it..

    2. get the Guid of the relevant record and check in the database table whether it exists or not..

       Getting Guid -- (press F11 twice and address bar will have Id of entity)

      
    Hope this helps !!
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 6:30 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks for the info.    I turned that on and here's the message received.   Any idea what this means.

    Error Description:
    An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

    Error Details:
    Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.

    Full Stack:
    [NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Components.Sdk.FormControls.Web.PartyListControl.PopulateUnresolvedPartyItem(Entity party, PartyListLookupItem partyItem)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Components.Sdk.FormControls.Web.PartyListControl.CreateLookupItemFromActivityParty(Entity party)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Components.Sdk.FormControls.Web.PartyListControl.AddEmailPartyMembersToLookup(ApplicationEntityCollection partyCollection, Lookup innerLookup)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Components.Sdk.FormControls.Web.PartyListControl.set_Value(Object value)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Components.Sdk.FormControls.Web.CrmWebFormDataControlUIWrapper.SetValue()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Components.Sdk.FormControls.Web.CrmWebFormDataControlUIWrapper.set_DataSource(Entity value)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.EndUserForm.BindDataRecursively(Control control)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.EndUserForm.BindDataRecursively(Control control)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.EndUserForm.BindDataRecursively(Control control)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.EndUserForm.BindDataRecursively(Control control)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.EndUserForm.BindDataRecursively(Control control)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.EndUserForm.BindDataRecursively(Control control)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.CustomizableForm.Execute(Entity entity, String formType)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.CustomizableForm.Execute(Entity entity)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Web.Activities.EmailDetailPage.ConfigureForm()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppUIPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
    
    [HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.]
       at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
       at ASP.pcm_activities_email_edit_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
    
    
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 7:03 PM
  • I found the record in the table and it was missing the partyid number.     probably happened during the import from our other system.    Once added, the record displays fine.

    thanks for your help!
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 7:28 PM
  • you are welcome..nice to hear that problem solved!!
    Friday, September 25, 2009 8:03 AM
    Answerer