Windows 7 installs and then I can't log on, screen just flashes RRS feed

• Question

• I installed Windows 7 rc1 as an upgrade from Vista.  I have a Fujitsu laptop TN4220 with fingerprint identification.  When I installed windows 7 it initially kept blue screening before completeing the install due to a driver which I removed.  I then reinstalled Windows 7 and it seemed to install fine, but when it rebooted it came to the screen where it should put up my user id so that I could log in and instead it sits there repeatedly blanking the screen without ever getting past that point.  I can boot into safe mode with networking and everything seems to work.  I worry that the fingerprint identification program is causing the problem but I can't remove it in safe mode (bummer).  I finally gave up and reinstalled my copy of Vista and am functioning fine.  I am not willing to put in the couple of hours trying again would entail without knowing if this problem is common.  Has anybody had this happen?
    • Moved by Kiran Polimetla Friday, June 5, 2009 12:49 PM Not Related to Social Bookmarks (From:Social Bookmarks Discussion Forum)
    Friday, May 15, 2009 6:00 PM

Answers